28 October 2008

Burning Our Bed

Baby, don't you shed a tear for me. I wouldn't want to waste your time.
You talked a lot of trash and ya lied to me.
But babe, you never even tried.

Oh, oh, oh
You can hold my heart for ransom.
But you'll never own my soul.

Baby, I might lose my mind. Maybe I might lose my head.
But one thing I'll never do is swallow my pride crawling back to you.
Baby, I'm burning our bed.

There used to be a time when you were everything, my flame through the night.
You got me hot, then you blew me out
Like this match Im about to light.

Oh, oh, oh
You can tear my heart to pieces.
Leave me standing in the cold.

Baby, I might lose my mind. Maybe I might lose my head.
One thing I gotta do is torch those sheets and pillows too..
Baby, Im burning out bed

Well, I used to think your were so fine. How could I be so blind?
-Burning Our Bed, Alice Cooper

Once again, Mr. Cooper speaks wisdom into my past relationship. Last week, I even wanted to talk to her. Some Godly wisdom from people I respect helped me to see why I shouldn't do that. Then, I heard this song. Funny how close to home it hits.

On another note, Alice Cooper's Hey Stoopid, from which this song came, is in my opinion what's missing from Rock 'n Roll today.P.S.: Since this one was mostly lyrics, I don't think I'm going to use them here.

No comments: