01 September 2008

Wait, I'm still here?

I crave stability. I yearn for it. I pine for it. Yet, it never seems to quite stick with me. I mean, it does in some ways. My parents never broke up, like so many people I've heard about and known, and I consider myself blessed for that. Also, growing up in one state, and pretty much one city means stability in one sense. However, there was never enough time in a single spot in that city to remain at any one school for very long.

So, here's how it is: Every two years for the last eight, I've changed schools, among other things. I've never spent more than four years in any one school (I've only done that once, in elementary school), and most of the time, I've spent considerably less than four years in a single place of academia.

Until now.

This last week marks the longest time I've been at one single school in over ten years. I was never a military brat, or a pastor's kid, but I guess I know a little of what that's like. And it looks like I'm going to be shooting for a personal best of five years.

"What if I say I'm not like the others?"

No comments: