12 September 2008

Third Time's the Charm? Let's Hope Not!

My hard drive died today. Just up and died. We think it was a head crash. Don't rightly know how, and it's really sad. All that music...

I'm actually blogging on a borrowed computer right now. Many thanks to Peter for helping me out on this one. I'm going to call Apple tomorrow and see what I can get done. I'm close to the warranty time, and if I'm lucky, I haven't crossed it yet. But alas, I need a new hd, and I can only hope and pray that any software I purchased (mainly iwork) will be replaced. I can't afford to pay for it again right now.

Most (about 2/3) of my music originally came from cds, so it'll be time-consuming, but I'm not completely out of luck there. There' s just the matter of the few cds I've purchased on itunes since I got the mac. Hopefully that can be restored to me as well.

And for anybody playing the home game, I'm now averaging a broken electronic device a month. Granted, that's over two months, but that's still becoming too high of a statistic for me to be comfortable with.

"She always weighed me down, but afraid I might need her I dragged her around."

No comments: