02 September 2008

It LIIIVES!!!!

I recently narrowly avoided a crisis involving my car, and a 1-inch part of a bolt that I wanted to get out of my car, but couldn't. Keep in mind, this wasn't a whole bolt.

I'm not sure exactly what happened, but signs point to foul play on the part of the mechanics who tried to fix this same problem. Rather, they said they did, but it seems they just covered up what was already broken, and left me to figure it out for myself. That's how it seems, at least. I'll upload a pic later, as I'm keeping the bolt as a sort of trophy/memoriam.

Anyway, what was going to be a simple session yesterday of inserting three bolts in their respective holes turned into finding two of the holes occupied by broken bolts. To make a long story short, this could have been a costly repair, in both time and money, in that a machinist would probably have to look at it. However, my friend Lee was there, and he seemed to have knowledge of a mythical "bolt extractor". We were able to get the bolts out.

So, now I have a car with an engine that isn't threatening to fall out on a whim. It makes me very happy. Nevertheless, it seems God is trying to break my dependence of these worldly things. With the battery last week, and now the bolts, on top of the other stuff that I know need to get done, it's just too much for me to control. And I think God's saying to step back, and not rely so much on the stuff that I've used to get by.

Also, let me just say I'm so thankful God has put people in my life who know how to work on cars, like Lee and Peter. And for people who have experience greater than my own, in this case, also Lee and Peter.

"Have You ever felt the weight of loving all the things You hate?"

1 comment:

Prof Catface Meowmers said...

I'm just glad it's pieced back together and running, and even safe!