17 July 2009

It's A Bit Nutty

Today, I'll be talking about Oak Creek Brewing Company's Nut Brown Ale. If you got the Austin Powers reference, extra super bonus points for you, but no, it doesn't resemble feces in the slightest.

I've only had a few different types of nut browns, so I don't think I can call this typical. Newcastle was the first, and is my favorite. It's a bit lighter, but still flavorful. The next was Santa Fe Brewing Company, and it was darker than the Newcastle, and richer.

Oak Creek resembles Santa Fe more closely. It's dark, rich and, well, nutty. The flavor was very robust, a little sweet, with a very slight hint of maple. All in all, very good. I'd probably give it four stars if I did that sort of thing.

While it wasn't surprisingly, eye-openingly the best nut brown I've ever had, Oak Creek Nut Brown is a very tasty microbrewed ale. I would very much suggest it, if you have the chance.

"Don't go making phony calls. Please stick to the seven-digit numbers you're used to."

2 comments:

Hat said...

Sounds tasty. I have to say the only nut browns I've tasted that I've liked were the Santa Fe and Newcastle.

On a somewhat different note, I bought some Private Stock.

Heydon Hensley, LCSW said...

Going to post a new beer any time soon? Please? I mean what's your excuse? You do the Pizza and a Pint Tuesday. Please review the Brew Pub brews.