12 November 2008

Dreams...

So, I haven't updated in a while, and there's a bunch of stuff floating around in my head. Not sure if it'll all make it, and I'm not promising that it's going to be anything like coherent, but I just need to get some stuff out there.

I dreamed I found my passport. I dreamed it was in a pocket of a jacket I was wearing, like it just appeared there as I was wearing the jacket. Weird. And it was one of those dreams that I believed when I woke up. But alas, it was not to be. Not yet, at least. The search continues...

I had a sudden memory of something I didn't even know I'd forgotten recently. I remembered how Amanda used to freak out if I left her alone in her apartment. How she'd have to have a movie playing, or something like that before she'd go to sleep, and even then it was usually after multiple hours of coaxing her before she'd even consider it. Of course, now I'm seeing through the filter of "How real was that? It could've been her just keeping me there longer." Just about everything she ever did had a hook in it, so I'll believe it was just her way of making me do what she wanted. But you know, I may never know for sure, and I'm honestly not even sure if I care at all anymore.

I was up until 4 last night coding with MATLAB. But here's the kicker: My program worked!! Even though I loathe coding, there's not much that compares with the feeling with a working program. Now I just have two to go!

Oh, and I just have to put a short book review in! I'm currently engulfed in Stephen King's The Waste Lands, which is book 3 of his Dark Tower series. I've never really liked King, but this story is absolutely great! You should start it if you've never read it!








"I don't believe that love can rot away. So first aim for the heart, then aim for the head."

1 comment:

Nagrom said...

Memory is a funny thing. Frankly, I'd say you're beyond any reasonable expectation of caring at this point. Moving on is good. The lessons learned will stay with you, and anything else is just a burden past a point.

Dark Tower series is awesome. Color me also not a King fan, but I'm a big fan of those works.
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed..."